Friday, August 29, 2008

Wet N' Wild Has Changed...




For the better! Can you believe that the brand that once produced stinky, waxy lipsticks and dry eyeliner that was impossible to apply has now become one of the better brands among drugstore cosmetics? If you haven't tried them yet, these colorful eyeliners are a wonderful bargain for $1 a piece. This is especially good if you normally wear neutrals and wish to experiment with a bit of color.

I cannot vouch for the staying power as I have only worn them with primer underneath but (with primer) they remained smudge free and just as vivid as when first applied for a minimum of 6 hours. They were a breeze to use and did not tug on my delicate eye skin at all. It goes without saying that I was pleasantly surprised after purchasing one; I bought three more!

My crappy camera doesn't do these pencils justice but I assure you, the colors are bright. I have:

653E Cool Green: The "cool" is a bit of a misnomer. It is a medium tone, clear green with a hint of yellow and shimmer (not glitter) thrown in for good measure.

650C Lilac: Pastel, light lilac/purple. This one has the tiniest bit of blue-violet gleam and reminds me of a light version Urban Decay's Deluxe eyeshadow in "Fishnet" or MAC's "Stars N' Rockets".

659C Turquoise: A deep, dark forest green, no shimmer.

654B Sky Blue: Pastel sky (or robin's egg) blue with shimmer.

Also available in Taupe, Dark Brown, White, Silver Blue, Bronzed, Mink Brown, Black Black (not a typo), Charcoal, Deep Blue and Violet.

I don't need to tell you where these are sold (nearly everywhere) but I hope I've enticed you into giving them a chance! Wet n' Wild is an animal cruelty-free brand, making this a guilt-free buy on multiple levels.

No comments: