Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Trends I Just Can't Understand

We often hear that “You can never be too rich or too skinny” but Ms. Beckham is among the many (female) celebrities that tend to prove otherwise, at least when it comes to “skinny.” I know it’s rude to criticize someone’s body type since it’s often a matter of natural predisposition but I assure you, I have seen Victoria Beckham look much better than this. I doubt she is a member of the small portion of the population whose metabolism makes it difficult for them to put on weight try as they may.

I suspect that becoming so skinny that she resembles Christian Siriano is a matter of personal preference here. And since so many of us have a tendency to idolize celebrities, I felt compelled to encourage all of the Victoria Beckham fans to please, please eat a sandwich in her honor. Yes, you do have to be slender to wear haute couture but there’s something amiss when your hangers have more curves than you do.

Now if only I could figure out the disadvantage of being too rich--aside from the tremendous amount of work it would take to get to that point.

Image Credit: Peoplestylewatch.com

1 comment:

Anastasia said...

I think I hate skinny people because I desperately, desperately want to be one. I really like the fragile look, but then, I'm a bit odd. I know my boyfriend much prefers me with curves, and considering how skinny HE is, if I didn't have any padding... well, it'd be like making love to a bag of spanners, I'd imagine.

But I'm happy to hate any skinny rich person for perpetuating the trend, grr. If I had someone to cook for me I wouldn't eat cheeseburgers either.

Rawr, the BFTE contest I entered has its results up! Go and vote for me :3 I'm number 6 http://www.beautyfromtheearth.com/store/WsAncillary.asp?ID=4